2 awards announced
2 winners announced
Applicants will be notified of their status by 5:00pm cst on Monday, August 26, 2013
- Update Applications
- 21-Jul-2013 Noon to 15-Aug-2013 05:15 PM
- 15-Aug-2013 06:00 PM to 24-Aug-2013 Noon
Round 2 Presentation
Semi-finalists must be available to present on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 in Houston, TX.
- Update Applications
- 10-Sep-2013 Midnight to 10-Sep-2013 05:00 PM
Finalists must be available to present on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 in Houston, TX.
- Update Applications
- 11-Sep-2013 Noon to 11-Sep-2013 02:00 PM
Times are in CST (-0600)
Innovation Whiteboard Challenge 2013
Welcome, to the NBMBAA Whiteboard Challenge Competition registration site. If you have not logged in before, please click the REGISTER button and follow the instructions. If you have already registered, please log in using your e-mail address and password.
COMPETITION RULES AND GUIDELINES:
Presenters for the 2013 National Black MBA Association Whiteboard Challenge® competition will be selected based upon a 60 second presentation video of your idea and the information in this application as determined by a panel of qualified judges. Applicants are encouraged to make their applications as clear and understandable as possible to optimize their chances of selection.
- All videos and applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm Central time on August 15, 2013.
- Video presentations should be uploaded to the Video & Idea Details section
- Eligibility: Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and a legal resident of the U.S.
- There is no charge to apply to the Innovation Whiteboard Challenge®.
- Only one (1) application and video per applicant allowed.
- Applicants should assume any statements made as part of the application process are in the public domain.
- By signing below, each participant acknowledges that by participating in the Innovation Whiteboard Challenge®, s/he will be presenting his/her idea in a forum that is open to the public and there can be no expectation of privacy or protection of confidential information in such a public forum.
- A panel of judges will screen all videos and applications and select up to 10 candidates for the semi-final round, which will be held on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 in Houston, TX. Semi-finalists will be notified by August 26, 2013 at the email address or telephone number provided on the application. If an applicant’s contact information is incomplete or incorrect he/she may lose the opportunity to present. Presenters are solely responsible for their travel and lodging expenses.
- Semi-finalists will receive one complimentary 1-day Entrepreneurial Institute registration.
- Semi-finalists will make a 3 minute Whiteboard presentation to a panel of judges on Tuesday, September 10, 2013. Three finalists will be selected on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 and will advance to the final round where they will make a 5 minute Whiteboard presentation during the lunch presentation on Wednesday, September 11, 2013.
- The winner of the Whiteboard Challenge® competition will be announced at the Institutes Reception presentation on Wednesday, September 11, 2013.
- Applicants should assume that none of the judges have a background in the subject matter of his/her idea. The judges’ selection is final, and the judges reserve the right to determine the final number of presenters. Only presenters selected to participate in final round of the 2013 Innovation Whiteboard Challenge® competition are eligible to win a cash award.
- The judges assume all information provided on the application form is true and correct.
- Confidential information, proprietary content, and protected intellectual property that is not the property of the applicant will not be accepted. DO NOT attempt to present ideas that are the confidential or proprietary property of another person or entity. By submitting an application, applicant is acknowledging that the information is not infringing on the protected rights of any person or entity.
- All applicants, if selected, must be available to present at the 2013 Innovation Whiteboard Challenge® competition at the NBMBAA Annual Conference & Exposition on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 and Wednesday, September 11, 2013 in Houston, TX.